USA – Remote
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You are a highly-experienced and motivated engineer with substantial experience building backend scalable code. You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining the company’s security infrastructure software system from the ground up.
- Grow the engineering team by interviewing candidates and providing feedback.
- Emphasize user experience while maintaining stability and scalability.
- Collaborate across the org; maintain a high level of technical excellence while balancing business needs.
- Help new team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Facilitate the strategic decisions about technology, definition, implementation and releasable deliverables for projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and debugging of application solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to fix bugs and implement new features.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product and technology, to be used in planning projects. Assist in managing all facets of the SDLC including project planning, architecture, software development and delivery.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver quality code. Understanding of agile software development and how that impacts the operations of software; and must participate in strategy discussion with all levels.
- Takes ownership of their feature. When given a feature, they see it through, even though the ongoing lifecycle of that piece of the application.
- Capable of taking higher level architectural requirements and designing a software system that is scalable, secure and incurs minimal technical debt.
- Produces high quality, readable code that’s efficient and clean.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field .
- Should have 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Extensive experience building core infrastructure (APIs, service bus, systems configuration, data access layers, application interfaces, and data schemas).
- Experience with Node.js: advanced knowledge of the key libraries.
- Extensive experience building and designing REST APIs, large scale data driven applications, high volume web servers/services all with a focus on security.
- Exceptional software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, OOD and systems architecture).
- DevOps and IaaS experience.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, writing and debugging Java applications.
- Public cloud experience AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Solid understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing